Tue 13 Mar 2012
lostty, Inushinde, AceRailgun, and I’m sure some other people have posted their replies to these 50 questions recently, kind of as a way for readers to find out more about them on a personal level. Now, if you know me, I’m an evil and despotic maniac paranoid about people. But for this occasion, I suppose I can share.
1. Who is your favorite male anime character?
Come to think about it, I don’t really know. I don’t really care about dudes. I’m thinking of guys like Kyon, Tomoya, Kamina, etc and screw them. Kamina? Not really. I kinda like Zetsubou sensei, so lets go with that.
2. Who is your favorite female anime character?
Now this is a tougher cookie for me. I used to really connect with Sumida Kanae from 5 Centimeters per Second, but I’m not too sure now. I like Sanzenin Nagi from Hayate no Gotoku! in a moe fangirl kinda way. I can’t believe I’m naming a Kugimiya Rie character…
3. What is your favorite anime soundtrack?
As a soundtrack nerd, this is a ridiculously difficult question for me to answer. Musically, I would probably say Sousei no Aquarion, by Kanno Yoko. Taking into consideration of how it fits into its subject material, I might be inclined to answer 5 Centimeters per Second, by Tenmon.
4. What is your favourite anime opening + animation?
“Falling Down” from Higashi no Eden, by Oasis. The animation is creative and slick, and it’s just a very well-executed opening theme in general.
5. What is your favourite anime ending + animation?
“Orange” from Toradora. There’s also “Neko Nikki” from Macross Frontier, which is my favorite song from the franchise, but it was only the ED for one episode. “Orange” was nice as an ED because there was a nice, simple slideshow story and it was kinda cute.
6. What is your favorite anime scene?
Bakemonogatari episode 12. Hitagi and Koyomi under the night sky, QED.
7. If you could meet an anime character who would it be?
This is a weird question, because I don’t really want to meet any anime character…
8. What anime character is most similar to you in terms of personality?
Maybe Ika-Musume, because she’s lazy and silly with a sense of humor.
9. What is your favourite thing about anime?
It’s a creative and aesthetically pleasing medium. It’s animation infused with culture, and it’s fun to watch. There’s so much potential in anime compared to live action.
10. What is your least favorite thing about anime?
The obsessive “otaku” community it spawned. It creates a social barrier of entry to anime that I was hesitant to cross when I got into anime during high school. It’s an unfair connotation that’s painted on the entire genre as a whole, and it’s quite unfortunate. However, I’m glad I see this side of things, and I like the anime community as a whole.
11. Who is your favorite anime couple?
Hitagi and Koyomi. I like the couple better than Bakemonogatari as a whole even. I think their relationship is beautiful because it’s complex. It looks dysfunctional because of how Hitagi acts and how Koyomi is always perving around, but if you really look at it they make a great couple. It’s framed by an anime that blends fantasy with human emotion, and it’s very much a microcosm of what Bakemonogatari is as a whole.
12. Who is your favourite anime animal?
Maybe Maa from Aria the Natural.
13. What anime would make a good game?
Redline would be a really cool arcade racing game.
14. What game would make a good anime?
Ace Combat would make such a cool anime.
15. What was the first anime you ever watched?
I remember watching Sailor Moon when I was in like 2nd grade or something. Rozen Maiden was the first anime I ever watched when I got into anime, knowing what anime is.
16. Do you think you’ll ever stop watching anime?
Hey, life and hobbies change. I hope not. I love the medium and I love you guys. Hopefully I’ll be able to balance work and play when I become all grown up and start my life.
17. What is your favourite genre of anime?
18. What is your least favourite genre of anime?
I’m not too into horror.
19. Are you open about watching anime with people you know?
Depends. I talk about it with my nerd friends, especially since some of them watch anime too. I’m apparently the “anime expert”, which I think is more responsibility than I should be trusted with.
20. Have you ever been to Japan?
Only on connection flights to China and Singapore. I have had a chance to use Japanese at a convenience store in the airport, though. It was fun, and since I’m Asian it didn’t seem too weird to them.
21. What anime was the biggest let down for you?
Hoshi wo Ou Kodomo. Talk about disappointment.
22. What anime was better than you expected?
Astarotte no Omocha, Kujibiki Unbalance, and above all The iDOLM@STER. The latter turned out to be one of my favorite anime of all time.
23. What is the best anime fight scene?
Probably Kariya vs. Jin in the last episode of Samurai Champloo. The way the swordplay is depicted is really slick.
24. Who is your anime waifu?
Misaka Shiori, from Kanon 2006.
25. What was your favorite video game as a child?
“Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 2″ for the Playstation.
Questions About Me
26. Most embarrassing moment?
Oh I have a few, but I can’t think of any right now because I’m too busy repressing them.
27. a) Can you drive?
27. b) Do you own a car?
28. Are you mature?
Depends on your definition of mature. I’d say I can handle myself with public without peeing myself.
29. What year were you born?
30. Do you prefer cats or dogs?
31. Describe yourself physically.
5’11 Asian male. Could stand to lose a few pounds.
32. What would you name your first child?
I have no idea how I could make that decision right now.
33. What is the worst injury you’ve ever had?
I slipped while running across a 2-lane highway on a rainy day and fell on the gravel side bank. Had to pick a rock out of my elbow. I still have the scar from the hole.
34. What is your worse habit?
I talk a little too loud.
35. Do you drink or smoke?
I don’t smoke, but I like to drink and have a fun time.
36. Do you have a tattoo?
37. Are you a morning or a night person?
38. Have you ever slept past midday?
Hell yeah. I think I did it today.
39. Do you regret anything?
Sure. You can’t do anything about it, so move on.
40. Can you count the number of friends you have on one hand?
I don’t think I can count the number of friends I have period. I guess I’m a pretty social person.
41. Do you wear glasses?
42. Are you a picky eater?
Absolutely not. I will try anything that people eat. It’s one of the reasons I love travel so much; I’m a huge foodie. I also like cooking as a hobby. All the different cuisines of the world really interest me. Additionally, I refuse to associate myself with vegans.
43. Would you die for someone?
Hard to say.
44. If you could have a superpower, what would it be?
45. Do you believe in the supernatural?
No, I believe in science.
46. Would you rather be rich or famous?
Probably rich. I wouldn’t mind the attention if I were famous, but if I were rich I could just enjoy life.
47. Have you ever committed a crime?
Probably. I think I stole something once when I was young. I never got booked or anything.
48. Time traveller or ghost?
49. Does someone have a crush on you?
Dunno, probably not.
50. Are you in a relationship?
Yep. I’ve been with my girlfriend for two years this April! She puts up with my anime fandom, so that in and of itself makes her a keeper