Wed 21 Mar 2012
Last week, kevo decided to reveal a little about himself through his 50 Questions posts. I have no problem getting a little personal, so I suppose it’s my turn to answer these questions. It’s not like kevo forced me to do this or anything. To keep things original, I also avoided reading other similar posts. For all I know, this is just one giant troll post and I’m walking straight into a trap.
Questions About My Tastes
1. Who is your favorite male anime character?
I’m not so sure. There are a bunch of characters that I like, and there are some who have traits I admire. As far as one character, I guess I would go with Shinichi Kudo.
2. Who is your favorite female anime character?
Hitagi Senjougahara. Seriously, what’s not to love about her?
3. What is your favorite anime soundtrack?
While I haven’t finished the show, I really enjoy Cowboy Bebop‘s soundtrack. However, it’s worth mentioning that I generally enjoy anything from Yuki Kajiura or Satoru Kousaki.
4. What is your favorite anime opening + animation?
The opening for Cowboy Bebop is a timeless classic for a reason.
5. What is your favourite anime ending + animation?
The Un-Go ending is definitely a pleasure to watch. The slick visuals mixed with the smoothness of Fantasy by LAMA creates one memorable ending.
6. What is your favorite anime scene?
Bakemonogatari‘s Episode 12 is perhaps my favorite episode of any show. So of course, I have to say the romantic scene with Araragi and Senjougahara under the stars.
7. If you could meet an anime character who would it be?
Probably Holo. I’m the kind of guy who sit for hours simply listening to stories, and I think she would have a bunch to tell.
8. What anime character is most similar to you in terms of personality?
Goro Hoshino from Planetes. He’s usually seen as playful and eccentric man, who loves teasing his own son. However when work must be done, he’s a passionate, cutthroat worker willing to sacrifice anything to get the job done.
9. What is your favourite thing about anime?
Anime is a very creative and expressive medium. Everything about it (story, settings, music, etc.) can potentially be very unique, which provides an interesting break from life.
10. What is your least favorite thing about anime?
The otaku community. I already have to deal with a bunch of stereotypes and I would rather not give anyone more fodder. It’s especially disconcerting when I don’t understand some parts of the culture.
11. Who is your favorite anime couple?
Senjougahara and Araragi. That relationship is one of the biggest reasons why I love the -monogatari series.
12. Who is your favourite anime animal?
Kyuubey (or however you spell it). Trolololol
13. What anime would make a good game?
On paper, Un-Go could work as an adventure game. The show’s setting and critique on modern society creates an interesting world that can easily be expanded upon. The biggest problem would have to be mixing story and gameplay elements, especially since this show has very little action sequences. Though, a game designer might have some creative freedom if the game plays like L.A. Noire.
14. What game would make a good anime?
I would love to see an Ace Combat anime (without the generic AC:AH setting).
15. What was the first anime you ever watched?
I grew up on Pokemon and other shows on Toonami. However, I simply saw them as cartoons at the time. The first show I truly recognized as “anime” was Love Hina, which I saw around 2001. The second show was Detective Conan.
16. Do you think you’ll ever stop watching anime?
I eventually will, but I’ll enjoy it while I still can.
17. What is your favourite genre of anime?
I love science fiction. My favorites are Steins;Gate and Moyashimon.
18. What is your least favourite genre of anime?
Ecchi? Generic harem shit? I don’t know if it’s a genre, but that’s what I generally avoid.
19. Are you open about watching anime with people you know?
Yes. Will I bring it up in conversation? Never.
20. Have you ever been to Japan?
I was born there. However, my last visit was nearly eight years ago.
21. What anime was the biggest let down for you?
Probably Sora no Woto. The last three episodes really pissed me off.
22. What anime was better than you expected?
The iDOLM@STER. It’s now one of my favorites shows all time.
23. What is the best anime fight scene?
Whenever I think of fight scenes, I usually turn to Black Lagoon. Choosing only one will require more thought.
24. Who is your anime waifu?
I honestly don’t know. Senjougahara? Let’s go with Senjougahara.
25. What was your favorite video game as a child?
The Ace Combat franchise.
Questions About Me
26. Most embarrassing moment?
I can’t think of one off the top of my head. I know I’ve done a lot of stupid stuff, though.
27. a) Can you drive?
27. b) Do you own a car?
28. Are you mature?
I’d like to think so.
29. What year were you born?
30. Do you prefer cats or dogs?
31. Describe yourself physically.
5’11″ skinny, African-American male.
32. What would you name your first child?
Male: Marcus. Female: Erika?
33. What is the worst injury you’ve ever had?
I’ve had a couple head injuries. I think I’m still good.
34. What is your worse habit?
Talking out loud.
35. Do you drink or smoke?
Never smoked. I drink once in a blue moon (no alcohol joke intended).
36. Do you have a tattoo?
37. Are you a morning or a night person?
I’m usually in bed after 3am and awake by 8am. What does that classify me as?
38. Have you ever slept past midday?
39. Do you regret anything?
I am riddled with regrets.
40. Can you count the number of friends you have on one hand?
I need more hands.
41. Do you wear glasses?
Yes. I love glasses. I’d rather have glasses than wear contacts or get Lasik.
42. Are you a picky eater?
43. Would you die for someone?
Depends on who I’m saving.
44. If you could have a superpower, what would it be?
The powers of Dr. Manhattan (without the blue glow).
45. Do you believe in the supernatural?
Depends on the definition.
46. Would you rather be rich or famous?
Famous for my scientific works and achievements.
47. Have you ever committed a crime?
Never committed a felony.
48. Time traveller or ghost?
A time-travelling ghost.
49. Does someone have a crush on you?
50. Are you in a relationship?
Nope, but I would like to be in one.
So hopefully, you know a little more about me. I don’t think it covers everything about me, but it’s a good start. If you have any other questions, you can always ask me and I’ll answer it (maybe).